These light & fluffy pancakes are an American classic. Blueberries are one of my favourite fruits and they are packed with antioxidants too.
Rest assured, no artificial colours were used but I did use frozen blueberries, which to my surprise left me with a blue-coloured batter! I went along with it anyway and they turned out just as tasty as I had hoped. They also look quite fun too.
Have a go at my recipe and let me know how you find it! I topped mine with peanut butter and maple syrup because I really felt like indulging!
Ingredients (for 10 pancakes):
200g self-raising flour
1tsp baking powder
1 knob of butter
200g frozen blueberries (use fresh if preferred)
sunflower oil/butter for cooking
Melted peanut butter
1) Mix together the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt in one bowl
2) Beat the egg with 300ml milk, then pour the mixture into a well within the dry ingredients bowl. Whisk together to make a smooth batter.
3) Beat in the knob of butter, then slowly mix in the frozen blueberries.
4) Heat a tsp of sunflower oil or a small knob of butter in a non-stick frying pan
5) Drop a large tablespoon of batter onto the frying pan, and make about 3-4 pancakes at a time.
6) Cover with foil to keep the pancakes warm while you use the rest of the batter.
7) Serve with melted peanut butter, fresh blueberries and maple syrup.